The Accounting Officer is responsible for the day-to-day operation and management of an effective financial reporting and internal control program that adequately supports the institution. This includes grants accounting, accounts payable, payments, account reconciliations, journal entries, account creation, and accounting entries for capital improvement projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Validates & verifies accounting activities to ensure compliance with the Accounting Standards & Tax regulations;
- Prepares necessary schedules for the preparation of FS & updates Books of Accounts;
- Ensures accuracy & completeness of Tax Compliances;
- Supports annual audits – external & tax;
- Delegates accounting tasks to the assigned team to ensure completion within prescribed deadlines;
- Assesses completeness, accuracy & integrity of accounting data & records, and compliance with accepted accounting policies & principles;
- Keeps track of documentation & accounting records;
- Effectively communicates with employees and maintain a positive working relationship when addressing problems & coming up with a solution;
- Provides financial support for forecasting, budgeting, & analyzing variations;
- Analyzes statutory accounts;
Education and Qualifications:
- Must have at least 6 years relevant experience.
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- With at least 3 years of audit experience.
- Strong analytical, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Above-average oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literate and has experience in using accounting-related systems.
- BIR, PEZA, and other regulatory agency compliances are an advantage.